Thursday, April 15, 2010

Eating a Variety of Food Throughout the World



If you take a look at different places around the world one will notice a variety of food and diets. This can be due to the fact that their diets correlate with their atmosphere and surroundings. I know when we go on vacations we all get excited about the new foods or the local foods that exist in the area. Our day is planned based upon the meals and foods we will eat. This tells you that not only does food vary from city to city but also excites people about traveling.

Upon my travel to Hawaii, I tried sushi for the first time. I think that this is the strangest food I have ever eaten because it is hard to wrap my mind around eating uncooked fish. Plus not to mention you are ingesting seaweed which grows in the ocean. After the initial shock of the experience, I really enjoyed sushi.

Despite how nervous I was about trying it, this experience has taught be to try new things and to be more excepting of other culture's foods. I think that this open mind is a good thing to have in the future with the world becoming globally united. Regional diets will become more widespread and this will also be a result of the new technology and transportation system.

No comments:

Post a Comment